We Provide Spiritually-Oriented Education
We believe in the existence of the Creator God, respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical.
We believe in preparing students for the joy of service.
We encourage students to:
- Develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men
- Master academic skills
- Value labor, both physical and mental, as a blessing
- Cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity
Mountain View Christian School is operated with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church; and is sponsored by the South Williamsport Seventh-day Adventist Church.
We Nurture a Passion for Learning
Our teachers are committed to nurturing a passion for learning by providing interaction education experiences for your child. We value hands-on activities and team-based projects as a way to encourage unique learning opportunities and stimulate natural curiosity.
Your child will be taught to use their own sense of wonder and curiosity to explore areas of science, technology, and mathematics, along with developing a deeper curiosity and desire to better understand the Bible.
We focus on modern learning styles that promote activity-based learning and develop each child’s unique passions. Students discover a zest for learning when educational experiences are expanded beyond the four walls of the classroom.
- Students develop natural curiosity through project-based learning.
- Students in Adventist school average1/2 grade level abovethe national average.
- Adventist school integrate STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and utilize technology in the classroom.
We Encourage a Sense of Belonging
By joining our school, you and your child become a part of a community. Educators and parents partner together to provide a safe and nurturing environment for students to grow. Children learn how to make good, moral decisions — regardless of their creed of belief system. Each student is encouraged to think for themselves and embrace their God-given gifts and talents.
- Students are encouraged to think for themselves and take ownership of their personal beliefs.
- We welcome people of all faithswho desire to learn in a safe, Christian environment.
- Approximately 30% of attending students are non-Adventist, across the entire North American Adventist Education system.
We Inspire Confident Leadership
From an early age, your child is given opportunities to discover and share their talents. Students learn how to collaborate on group projects, which builds confidence and encourages interpersonal skills. Social-emotional knowledge is just as important in the success of your child as academics. We encourage our students to grow in the way they relate to one another and the world at large.
Our school nurtures good habits by allowing students to take personal responsibility for their education. This helps instill the skills of proven leaders and world-changers into the heart of each students.
- Students participate in group projects designed to encourage interpersonal skills.
- Our school focuses on social-emotional growth as a strong component of character success for our students.
- We encourage our students to dream big about the change they can make in the world.
We Cultivate a Safe Environment
The safety of every child is important -- not just physically, but emotionally too. Our school offers a sense of security, allowing your child to feel comfortable learning and exploring. When children feel safe, they are naturally inclined to ask more questions, share their feeling, and develop healthy levels of trust.
- Students are kept safe, both physically and emotionally.
- A safe foundation allows our students to thrive in their learning and growth.
- Small classroom sizes encourage more mentorship and one-on-one time.
We Build Character
How it all started...
Our school is over 100 years old founded near the turn of the last century.
Throughout the years our school has had impact on the community, but let's look at how they have impacted the world. Students have left here to be everything from farmers to missionaries; from teachers to business owners. All of them are impacting their communities in ways that cannot be recorded here. We strive to teach our students how to be servants of God to make an impact on the world.
We are currently in the process of building a new facility with state-of-the-art technology and security. The gym, school and church will be in the same building enabling us to expand our Physical Education program, enhance our week of prayer programs and provide spacious classrooms that allow for growth and expansion. This project has been on the hearts of our constituents for many years and now we are seeing it come together. We are very excited and are looking forward to this new facility in the fall of 2023.